We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team at our offices in Radcliffe on Trent and Nottingham City centre. This senior role comprises of the following:
- Co-ordinate and delegate work effectively to team members and other disciplines
- Produce calculations, design and drawings to support the achievement of a project brief
- Provide solutions to complex technical problems, interpreting specifications and presenting recommendations both verbally and in writing
- Provide cost effective design solutions, gain agreement on costs and confirm all contractual documentation is in place as appropriate
- Ensure all project resources are in place prior to the commencement of any work including using external consultants
- Visit sites to inspect, advise and support building teams as appropriate
- Carry out technical assessments of works ensuring compliance with design and ultimate sign off of works
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other staff, contractors and suppliers
- Contribute to the development of company standards and template documents
- Comply with company policies, procedures, legislation and work within agreed resources
- Comply with document control procedures to ensure drawings, specifications, project documents and reports are filed and retained appropriately
- Demonstrate a commitment to and conform with HWA quality procedures
The ideal candidate would possess a degree in structural/civil engineering with 4-5 years of practical experience within the construction industry. They should have expertise in design calculations, both by hand and appropriate computer software (Tekla/Tedds). They should also be fully competent in the use of the Microsoft suite of office packages and proficient in the use of AutoCAD with some Revit experience being desirable.
This is a client facing role so candidates should be confident to build relationships with clients, other professionals and suppliers. Strong organisation skills in a project based environment is a requirement of this senior role, with the ability to be able to co-ordinate the delivery of a project.
Salary will be competitive market rates.
- Auto enrolment into our pension scheme with employer contributions
- Use of a pool car for business travel
- Flexible holiday (purchasing/selling)
- Company and personal performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible working options available to allow work/life balance
- We have a number of health and well being policies, a childcare voucher scheme and a lively social calendar
If you have an interest in this role, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org